Monday 18 July 2011

Week 2

Having decided and publicised with much certainty that Friday would be my blog day, I now have to admit, in my very first week my new routine failed me and I am here on Monday of week four penitently adding a blog I wrote two weeks ago! Apparently church ministry is a bit busy...

Week 2

The week so far: this morning I was at a coffee morning with some of the charming older folks talking car adverts, preserves and and broken bones. This afternoon I went to a strawberry tea raising money for Breast Cancer. I am also working at a rate of at least one BBQ per week, and two kids events (obviously with biscuits). Someone today told me they had put on two stone since they had moved into the village. I'm not sure they were joking.

It felt like a good service on Sunday, we compared Jesus to Pilate and considered how following Christ can sometime means looking bad, suffering and having your life disrupted (unlike Pilate who tried to avoid all these things). Sounds depressing, but the point is God gave Jesus strength to go through it and he does the same for us! So not so depressing really.

No comments:

Post a Comment