Tuesday 24 January 2012

'Passive Networking'

It seems to me that the Lord has got the idea in his mind that He'd like this unity thing to actually happen. 'Passive networking' is when you're wandering around, going about your daily pastorly sort of business and keep coming across lots of Christians from other churches and organisations and start making links with them without intending to...

At Fresh Streams Conference this year I met the future President of the Baptist Union (who is cheering up my facebook news stream no end), the lady who basically runs Christians in Science, a LOT of great pastors from all over the place, various members of the conference leadership, some mega prophetic prayer people, a couple of interesting youthworkers. I have contact details for a good number of these. Didn't. Even. Try.

At unity services this week I met about 30 wonderful folks from Churches Together and a lot of splendid Anglicans. I went to or took services, that's all.

A whole housegroup of Christians I didn't know before have turned up in my road.

I've been to my usual ministers meetings this month and keep finding more and more ministers there.

Someone once told me being a pastor was lonely. At the minute it seems more like being surrounded! And I love it. Having spiritual, loving, prayerful churches worshipping around us, all around our area, somehow feels like being protected, like a wall of defence. We're not alone, we're not vulnerable – we're covered by allies and they are worshipping Jesus Christ.

God's call to this nation is emerging, it's bright and it's beautiful, it is coming through God's spirit and through his people.

Don't miss your chance to be a part of it. Get on your knees and pray for old Blighty! She needs our help.



2 comments: