Tuesday 26 June 2012

Dangerous Trust


It’s been a big week for Chris and I because we were able to announce in this week’s service that we are expecting a baby in December!

Ever since finding out a lot of people have been impressing on me how different life will be when we have children, and how it’s like nothing you’ve experienced before.

I don’t think any first time parent can really get their head around all the changes that are about to happen in their life, and for a Christian, you really have no other option other than to just trust God for the future.

Trusting God for the future seems to be a very easy thing to do when it’s unfolding the way you expect. (And so far, with the pregnancy that’s been the case, thank God). But a few unexpected occurrences at church recently have shown me that really, it's lot harder to trust God’s got the future in hand when things happen in a way you’re not expecting.

I’m not one for unpredictability to be honest, I like things planned and organised. However God doesn’t always let me in on what He’s planning and that’s when I have to trust Him all the more. When it’s not quite clear why things are happening the way they are.

When questions come to you like: Why hasn’t God moved yet? How is this ever going to work out? Why isn’t God doing what I expected Him to? You’ll find you are having to trust God more than you feel comfortable or safe doing. But the bible tells us over and over not to play it safe but to give ourselves completely over to God.

Remember God’s words from Isaiah 55  

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
 neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord. “As the heavens are higher than the earth,     so are my ways higher than your ways    and my thoughts than your thoughts.



We’re not always meant to know what God’s up to, but we are always meant to trust Him to get it right. If you are trusting God to the point where you feel vulnerable because He’s more in control than you are – your faith is growing. It may not feel like it, but it’s a good thing. Trust Him, and do not panic.

_______________________________________________________________________

Interested in more?
Check out some of our Sunday sermons at: http://www.buresbaptistchurch.org/sermon_catchup.php



4 comments:

  1. Yay Sermon link!! Congratulations to you and Chris. XJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, good ideas are worth listening to! :-) Thanks Joan.

      Delete
    2. Catherine Can I make a prayer request please? My friends son Devados is serving in the US Navy in Bahrain and his wife is expecting a baby boy same time as yourself. Today I had a message from him that he had been caught up in civil unrest, basically a riot and was attacked with tear gas by residents of Bahrain. I am praying that he will stay safe. Thanks Joan

      Delete
    3. Of course Joan, I will be praying for him. I can ask the church to pray too.

      Delete